Thursday, October 13, 2011

Confidence/Kurt Freytag Interview



Confidence is a long snapper's #1 weapon; due to our extreme lack of strength, size, power, speed, agility and favorable body composition it has to be. Every single long snapper, if he (or she, I don't like to discriminate. however, girl long snappers are extremely rare) is worth anything, borders on cocky and believes they are the best snapper to ever lace up the boots. The sad thing is, all of those self-absorbent a-holes are wrong; I am the best long snapper ever.

Clearly a long snapper's confidence does not come from anything than means anything to anybody else. I am willing to go on record to say that no long snapper has ever won a foot race (against real humans, beating another long snapper comes with the same bragging rights as being able to not wear the same sweat pants for 2 consecutive weeks. yeah its awesome and I'm proud of you, but nobody really cares.). It definitely is not going to come in the weight room so little things like not getting food ourselves as we destroy anything that is placed in front of us, or remembering to brush our teeth before class can really spark a streak of confidence we cannot (are unable) find anywhere else in life. Personally, I am also a fan of when I can find a clean pair socks. Clean sock days are perfect snap days.


October is upon us, with that brings the only time I care about baseball. Don’t get me wrong, I love my Brewers every day of the year but I could probably only name about 7 guys on the team. All I know is that your team sucks and the Brewers will win it all, 2011 is the Year of the Beer.

 
Also, basketball is in a lockout. Doesn’t matter, the NBA hasn’t been relevant since 1992 when Bird retired.


As most of you know, the Purdue football team will not be tweeting for the remainder of the season. Probably for the better, my fart jokes are getting old.


This week’s edition of Booty’s Corner features running back Kurt Freytag. Kurt makes FDR seem like a Commie and George Clooney look like The Candy Man. He’s what we in the biz call the total package.



Penn State: 2 days
Christmas: 72 days

Special shout out to my neighbor Kellie Phillips for her hat trick against IU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Also, Purdue won the game 8-2 and any time Purdue beats IU, or anybody beats IU, rules.

No comments:

Post a Comment