Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Little Caesars Bowl? SOUNDS DELICIOUS!

Purdue is going to a bowl and that totallyfreakingrules.com. Looks like Christmas has been moved to Detroit this year and I can't tell you how excited I am to be able to spend a few more weeks with some of my closest friends pretending I'm a real athlete! In the City of Lights no less!
Because the regular season has ended, our coaching staff has given us a few extra days off; these few days got me thinking about my past five years at Purdue and I cannot help but smile and be thankful for my time here and memories made. I also cannot help but think about how this is a perfect time to drop some knowledge on you jabronis so you don't make the same mistakes I did.
Here are some things I've learned/wish I would have done/done differently over the past 5 years (in no particular order):
  1. I wish I would have gotten into contact with Chris Rubio earlier. Like middle school. Rubio has been a huge help throughout these past few years in both snapping and life. He sends so many of his long snapping campers to D1 programs it's stupid. Maybe had I worked with him earlier I wouldn't be one of two 5th year walk-on's (Sup Spencer Dawson??!??). But then again, I probably wouldn't be at Purdue now. I take it back, I'm glad I'm mediocre and a 5th year walk on because I'm so happy at Purdue it should be illegal.
  2. I absolutely should have carried a mini microphone around with me at all times to record conversations between John Finch and myself during practice (but not during games because he is waaayyy too focused for that, which I guess is in no way a bad thing). I don't mean to brag but we could have put those into a podcast and easily have acquired somewhere between 7-16 followers by now. TAKE THAT NPR!!
  3. I should have started my blog earlier. Like when I thought how it would be a good idea about 3 years ago. 
  4. My mom asked me about 2 years ago if I wanted a meal plan at the dining court even though I lived off campus. I said no. HUGE mistake. 
  5. I wish I would have not been so shy my freshman year. People ask me how my freshman year was, I explain to them that I had no friends because I was shy (shocking) and didn't talk to anybody. 100% my fault.
  6. I'm glad I gained weight to allow me to play, but maybe I should have gone with the muscle weight gain option as opposed to the quicker and tastier option of fat. C'est La Vie.
  7. I should have definitely talked to at least A girl. 
  8. I should have never have cut my hair. A 5 year mane would have brought all the boys to the yard for sure.
  9. LARP. I should have LARP'ed more. (Live Action Role Playing).
  10. I've given out plenty of high 5's but I could have always given out more. 
I have the intention to blog more than once a week starting now. But I'm going to be real with you, that probs won't happen. Only time will tell!

Little Caesars Bowl vs. Western Michigan: 21 days
Christmas: 19 Days

<3 Kevin 

No comments:

Post a Comment